Steps to to link Aadhaar Card with Pan Card
- Go to the below-mentioned link https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
- Enter the required details in the following manner –
- Pan Card number
- Aadhaar Number
- Name as per Aadhaar
- Tick the check box if you have only year of birth in Aadhaar Card
- Tick the check box of declaration that “I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI
- Enter captcha code as given & click on link Aadhar button to link Aadhaar Card with Pan Card
Check your application status
You can check the status of your application using the below-mentioned link https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status by simply entering an Aadhaar & Pan Card number.
Benefits of linking PAN and AADHAAR
- The tax filing process will become easier: If your Pan Card and Aadhaar card are linked, you can eliminate the final step of sending a hard copy of the acknowledgment to the IT department through courier. You can use the option of verification through Aadhaar OTP that will save your time and money.
- Eliminate Multiple/ fake PAN cards and prevent tax evasion: Every individual should have one PAN card only. If you have multiple PAN cards then you can easily evade taxes. To avoid such practices Aadhaar Card and PAN card linking is important. Linking of PAN and Aadhaar helps in better identification of Tax evaders.
- Simplifying Document Verification: If your PAN and Aadhaar card are linked, it will help you in quick document verification whenever you apply for personal or home loans. It will serve as proof of identity which is necessary for registration and verification purposes.
If your Aadhaar and PAN card is not linked before the deadline given by the government of India then you may face the following consequences –
- PAN cards that are not linked with Aadhaar will be declared null and void and become inoperative after 31st March 2022, as per the new notice issued by the government of India.
- You will not be able to use your PAN for doing financial transactions where quoting of PAN is mandatory.